Thisis a 10 meter radio, It will NOT work as a CB Radio out of the box. Please make sure to do research if you are unsure what the great world of 10 meter radios are all about.This is the highest output radio available from Galaxy, pushing 200 watts of modulation with 8 IRF520 MOSFET final transistors, 50 watts more than the DX95T2! As an added bonus the DX98VHP has all blue LED frequency and channel display as well as blue meter lamps in the extra large meter. Due to the additional output power there are now two internal quiet temperature controlled fans to provide airflow over the enlarged heat sink. Also included is the Galaxy MOD lamp and Starlite faceplate making the DX98VHP ideal for both night and day use. Big power, loads of features, topped off with the Galaxy name and support.Features:AM/USB/LSB ModesVariable Output Power: AM carrier adjustable from 10 to 50 watts.Variable RF Gain Control: used to increase or decrease received signalsVariable Dimmer Control: Fully adjustable control for faceplate, channel, frequency, and meter displays.Variable Talkback Control: Adjustable talkback level, can be turned offOn/Off Roger BeepGalaxy Style EchoBuilt-in Voice ChangerAutomatic SWR CircuitSame Main PCB as DX95T2Starlite FaceplateSide Microphone Jack5-Digit Blue LED Frequency CounterTWO YEAR GALAXY WARRANTYIncluded AccessoriesMicrophone24″ Power Cord w/ FuseMounting BracketMounting KnobsOwners ManualMicrophone Hanger Clip A license to operate amateur radios may be required in your area. The end user is solely responsible for proper operation of amateur radio equipment and adhering to the rules and regulations of their country . In the U.S. it is legal to purchase amateur radios and receive on amateur radio bands however an amateur radio license is required to transmit.Can only be returned for exchange/repair through manufacturer.
- Variable output power, RF gain control, dimmer control, echo control, talkback control. Band and channel selection controls.
- Front panel meter for incoming signal strength, RF output power, and SWR level. Modulation lamp. Lighted faceplate.
- NB and ANL noise redxn circuits. Two quiet internal fans move cooling air over enlarged heat sink.
- Rear external speaker jack. Rear PA jack.
- 200W modulation w 8 IRF520 MOSFET finals. FM, AM, USB, LSB communication modes.