Impressive audio output volume, long-lasting power, plenty of memory channels, rugged construction, rich in analog features – the T70A offers practical 2m/70cm dual band operation and ruggedness, updated for today’s ham radio enthusiasts. The IC-T70A HD users a BTL (bridge-tied load) amplifier that doubles the audio output. Every ham knows that power = current × voltage. The T70A’s BTL increases the audio output by doubling the voltage delivered to the speaker. The 36mm large speaker delivers 700mW of loud and intelligible audio* even in noisy environments. Get 5W of power on VHF and UHF in a small, lightweight package. Get up to 19 hours* of operating time with the T70A HD power version, which includes a Li-ion battery pack (BP-265) and rapid charger (BC-193). All that power comes is an easy to hold and use size – not too big, not too small. The T70A Sport version, ideal for long storage or quick back-up, features an AA alkaline battery case instead of a charger/rechargeable battery pack.
- 302 alphanumeric memory channels, including 50 band edges and 2 call channels, the IC-T70A HD gives you flexible scanning lists. With a maximum of 26 memory banks, you can pick and choose the desired banks for scanning from the 250 memories.
- CTCSS and DTCS tone codes provide quiet stand-by and allow you to use tone-access repeaters. Pocket beep alerts you when a matching tone frequency is received. Tone scan detects the subaudible tone that is used for repeater access.
- OX (Voice Operated Transmit) function for convenient hands-free operation when used with a compatible optional headset and plug adapter cable. Also, the VOX level and VOX delay time are adjustable.
- Dust protection and water-resistance equivalent to IP54 provides reliable operation for practical outdoor operation. The IC-T70A HD tested to and passed MIL-STD 810 environmental tests.
- WX channel and WX alert function. SMA type antenna connector