The optical system, construction, and exterior are the same as the EF 75-300 mm f/4-5.6 III USM’s. The difference is that it uses a DC motor instead of a USM to drive the AF.Format Compatibility: 35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor,Canon (APS-C).
Capture the far-off action of fast-paced sports or zoom in for an intimate portrait with the Canon EF 75-300mm telephoto zoom lens. The optical system, construction, and exterior are the same as the EF 75-300 mm f/4-5.6 III USM’s. The difference is that it uses a DC motor instead of a USM to drive the AF. As with all Canon lens, this 75-300 model carries a one-year warranty.
Focal length: 75-300mm
Maximum aperture: 1:4-5.6
Lens construction: 13 elements in 9 groups
Diagonal angle of view: 32 (at 11 feet) to 8 degrees (at 15 feet)
Closest focusing distance: 4.9 feet
Zoom system: Rotating type
Filter size: 58mm
Dimensions: 2.8 inches in diameter, 4.8 inches long
Weight: 16.8 ounces
Image Stabilization: No
The most affordable of Canonís long telephoto zooms, this lens is excellent for subjects from portraits to wildlife and nature. It shares the same 13-element optical system as the 75-300mm USM lens, but uses a DC motor for autofocus. Close-focusing down to 4.9 feet (1.5m) allows filling the frame (at 300mm) with a subject the size of a dollar bill, and itís compatible with the Canon 58mm Close-up lens 500D for even more spectacular shots of small objects.
The eye tends to see the whole rather than the individual parts. It also sees whatís near and not whatís far. By bringing attention to those things missed by the eye, you can create many interesting pictures. It could be the grimace of an athlete, the grill of a classic car, or a girl against a blurred background. Telephoto lenses can also compress images to give dramatic effects. You are limited only by your imagination.
- 4.9-foot closest focusing distance; 32- to 8-degree diagonal angle of view
- Improved mechanism makes zooming smoother; front part of zoom ring sports silver ring
- Measures 2.8 inches in diameter and 4.8 inches long; weighs 16.8 ounces
- This Certified Refurbished product is Manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty
- 75-300mm telephoto zoom lens with f/4-5.6 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras