A Stylish Bass with Impressive Versatility
The 2014 Midtown Signature Bass follows in the footsteps of the extremely popular Midtown guitar series and the classic Les Paul Signature semi-hollow bass, long a favorite of players from Jack Casady to Mike Watt. With a full-length scale for major low-end tone, innovative features, and timelessly stylish looks, this great four-string alternative represents astounding value in a hand-made American bass guitar.
Body and neck
The Midtown Signature Bass’s chambered mahogany back with maple top follows the classic Les Paul Signature asymmetrical double-cutaway style. Its full-length, 34” scale mahogany neck and 20-fret rosewood fingerboard incorporates traditional trapezoid inlays and a 120th Anniversary banner inlay at the 12th fret.
Pickups and electronics
A deep, powerful T-Bird Plus pickup in the neck position and a smaller, punchier vintage-style T-Bird mini pickup in the bridge deliver tonalities from sweet to savage. They’re routed through a three-way selector switch, complemented by master volume and tone controls.
A three-point adjustable bridge provides a rock-solid anchor at the body end for optimum resonance and sustain, while classic Grover shamrock tuners offer easy and efficient tuning. Black speed knobs and a black bridge-pickup mounting ring complete the package.
The 2014 Midtown Signature Bass comes protected in a vintage-brown Gibson hardshell case, includes a truss-rod wrench and owner’s manual.
About Gibson USA
Gibson USA continues the tradition of innovation, premium quality, and made-in-America hand-craftsmanship that started in 1894. Although their flagship Les Paul is the most iconic guitar in history, other innovative guitars and basses have become standards in their own right—like the SG, Explorer, Flying V, and Firebird. Gibson instruments are truly “American made, world played. ”
Midtown Signature Bass at a Glance
- 34”-scale-length bass
- Available in Bullion Gold, Graphite Pearl or Pelham Blue finish
- Innovative T-Bird three-point bridge
- Powerful T-Bird Plus pickup
- 120th Anniversary banner inlay at the 12th fret
- The current Midtown “Signature” Bass has a chambered mahogany back with maple top and Mahogany neck and is also 34″ scale length.
- The Fingerboard is Rosewood with Trapezoid inlays with the 120th Anniversary Logo on the 12th fret. It also has the chrome three point adjustable bridge and grover shamrock style tuners.
- Pickups on the Midtown “Signature” Bass are the full sounding T-Bird Plus and Vintage Style T-Bird Mini.