The Les Paul of the Future, Priced for Today!
The 2014 Les Paul Futura begins with a foundation of traditional tonewoods, then kicks it up a notch with the pairing of an overwound-PAF-style BurstBucker 3 humbucker in the bridge position and Gibson’s new P-90H Sidewinder humbucker in the neck—both enhanced by push/push coil-split switching and an onboard 15 dB boost. Add the astounding Min-ETune automatic tuning system and a whole raft of new 120th Anniversary features, and the result is a stunning performance package.
Body and neck
Crafted in the image of the original Les Paul Standard, the Les Paul Futura is made from a solid mahogany back with modern weight relief for enhanced resonance and a lighter strapped-on feel, with a carved plain maple top. Its glued-in maple neck sports a ’60s Slim Taper profile, and a rosewood fingerboard incorporates 22 cryogenically treated frets for long life, along with traditional trapezoid inlays and a commemorative 120th Anniversary inlay at the 12th fret.
Pickups and electronics
The guitar carries a unique pairing of a “hot-vintage”-style BurstBucker 3 in the bridge position and a new P-90H Sidewinder humbucker in the neck position. They’re wired through the traditional complement of independent volume and tone controls and a three-way selector switch, but updated with coil-split switching and launched into the stratosphere with Gibson’s new onboard 15 dB boost.
The Les Paul Futura is an unprecedented live performance machine thanks to its factory-installed Min-ETune tuning system, which automatically retunes your guitar on demand in seconds, or calls up any one of 12 factory or 6 user preset tunings at a simple strum of the strings. A chrome Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece lock the strings down for optimum sustain, while enlarged strap buttons (new for 2014) keep your guitar secure throughout the set. Black Supreme Grip speed knobs provide optimum on-the-fly control manipulation.
The Les Paul Futura 2014 comes protected in a black hardshell case and includes a truss-rod wrench and owner’s manual.
About Gibson USA
Gibson USA continues the tradition of innovation, premium quality, and made-in-America hand-craftsmanship that started in 1894. Although their flagship Les Paul is the most iconic guitar in history, other innovative guitars and basses have become standards in their own right—like the SG, Explorer, Flying V, and Firebird. Gibson instruments are truly “American made, world played. ”
Les Paul Futura at a Glance
- PAF-style BurstBucker 3 humbucker in the bridge
- P-90H Sidewinder humbucker in the neck
- 15 dB boost
- Modern weight relief
- Push/push coil splitting
- Min-ETune system
- Push-push phase reverse and pure-bypass switching
- 120th Anniversary Banner inlay at the 12th fret
- New Supreme Grip black speed knobs
- Extra large strap button
- Coated strings with 1 micro coating
- TekToid nut minimizes friction
- Cryogenically treated fret wire for longer life and corrosion resistance
- The body of the Les Paul Studio is a “Modern” weight relieved Mahogany body with a Figured A Maple top. It also has a Maple neck with a 60’s Slim Profile.
- The Fingerboard is Rosewood with Trapezoid inlays with the 120th Anniversary Logo on the 12th fret. Hardware is chrome and it has the Tune-O-Matic bridge and Stop Bar tailpiece.
- This model has the new Sidewinder P90H Humbucker that has two side by side coils turned on the side to create a non-stacked humbucker in the P-90 form, along with BurstBucker 3 in the bridge with push/push coil tap and a 15 db. boost.