An Elegant Les Paul with Cutting-Edge Features
Orville Gibson invented the archtop guitar in 1894. Gibson unveiled the world’s most desirable solidbody electric guitar in 1952. Now 120 years after it all started, Gibson USA brings you a cutting-edge evolution of the Les Paul in a guitar that perfectly blends legendary tone, classic elegance, and 21st century innovation, all at truly astounding price.
Body and neck
Crafted in the image of the original Les Paul Standard, the Les Paul Signature is made from a solid mahogany back with traditional weight relief for enhanced resonance and a lighter strapped-on feel, with a carved AA figured maple top trimmed in deluxe three-ply W/B/W binding. The glued-in mahogany neck features a comfortably rounded ’50s profile, while the white bound rosewood fingerboard is topped with a TekToid nut, and carries 22 cryogenic-treated frets for long life and corrosion resistance. Traditional trapezoid inlays and a commemorative 120th Anniversary inlay at the 12th fret complete the fretboard.
Pickups and electronics
The guitar carries a pair of legendary ’57 Classic humbuckers, made in the tradition of the hallowed PAF, but updated for the demands of today’s music. They have independent volume controls with push-pull coil splitting, built-in 15 dB boost on a mini-toggle switch, master tone pot with Orange Drop capacitor, and a three-way selector switch.
The inclusion of Min-ETune automated tuners makes the Les Paul Signature an unparalleled performance tool. Simply activate the system and strum to retune your guitar within seconds, or to change to any one of 12 factory preset tunings or 6 user presets. A chrome Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece anchor it all down for outstanding resonance and sustain, while enlarged strap buttons (new for 2014) keep your guitar secure throughout the set. New Supreme Grip black speed knobs keep you sure-fingered on the controls, and the pickguard is silk-screened with Les Paul’s signature.
The Les Paul Signature 2014 comes protected in a vintage-brown Gibson hardshell case with pink lining and includes a truss-rod wrench and owner’s manual.
About Gibson USA
Gibson USA continues the tradition of innovation, premium quality, and made-in-America hand-craftsmanship that started in 1894. Although their flagship Les Paul is the most iconic guitar in history, other innovative guitars and basses have become standards in their own right—like the SG, Explorer, Flying V, and Firebird. Gibson instruments are truly “American made, world played. ”
Les Paul Signature 2014 at a Glance
- Carved AA figured maple top
- Two ’57 Classic open-coil pickups
- Push/pull coil splitting
- Push-pull phase reverse and pure-bypass switching
- 15 dB boost on a mini-toggle switch
- 120th Anniversary Banner inlay at the 12th fret
- Orange Drop capacitor
- Min-ETune automated tuning system
- New Supreme Grip black speed knobs
- Traditional weight relief
- Extra large strap button
- Coated strings with 1 micro coating
- TekToid nut minimizes friction
- Cryogenically treated fret wire for longer life and corrosion resistance
- The body of the Les Paul Signature has the modern weight relieved Mahogany body with 3 ply W/B/W binding and a AA figured Maple top. It also has a Mahogany neck with a 50’s Round Profile.
- The fingerboard is bound Rosewood with undercut fret over binding and has Trapezoid inlays.
- The electronics are the double black open coil 57 Classic pickups with push/pull coil split on each volume pot, 15db Turbo boost mini-toggle, master- tone pot with orange drop capacitors.