For over 30 years Maxon’s legendary “808” overdrive circuit has been an essential ingredient to achieving great guitar tone. Whether it’s used as a booster to drive an amp, as a Dirt box for crunch and extra sustain or as an EQ to shape the tone of a high-gain amp, the 808 in its many incarnations has shown up in more rigs and on more recordings than anyone would care to count.
- Modified version of classic OD808 Overdrive
- Extended frequency response improves note definition and clarity
- Increased Output (+5 dB over OD808) for extra Volume Boost
- Harder clipping yields more aggressive, amp-like Distortion
- Buffered Bypass Switching