The net chaser Ethernet speed certifier & network tester offers a complete solution to Test and speed certify the data-carrying capabilities of Ethernet network cables up to 1 GB/s by testing for noise in the network, detecting faults in the cable wiring, and ensuring that cables are ABLE to support the speed capabilities of active equipment.
Network testing features include: port discovery, detects PoE per ire 802.3AF/at with load Test for Voltage drop and which pairs the PoE is located on (Class), IPv4 support, Ping to a specific IP or url address, Ping up to 8 IP targets at a time, link light to identify location on a hub/switch/router port, verifies dhcp connectivity and dns, discovers CDP and LLDP protocols, vlan discovery, traceroute cable testing features include: bit Error rate Test (Bert), signal to noise ratio (snr), skew, Bert only Test 100Mbps & 1Gbps, measures and displays length for each pair in feet or meters, improperly terminated cables are clearly displayed on a color graphical wire-mapping display, detects length to opens & shorts, verifies continuity for RJ45, and Coax cables, saves Test results and easily uploaded to a computer, Tone generation, ID only remotes (network and Coax) – up to 20 available, testing and ID remotes – up to 8 available.
The net chaser’s advanced discovery gives the clearest vision of network layout and interfaces between active components like servers, switches, routers, etc. All the information is collected, stored, and ready for reporting.
Platinum Tools, founded in 1997, was created based upon two very simple objectives. First, develop and source the absolute best possible solutions for the preparation, installation and hand termination of wire and cable. Second, implement an operational infrastructure that can deliver these products in an efficient, timely and high quality manner.
- Wire-mapping clearly displayed on a color screen; bit error rate test (Bert) only test 100Mbps & 1Gbps, signal to noise ratio (snr), skew; measures and displays length for each pair in feet or meters
- Detects length to opens & shorts verifies continuity for Rj45 and coax cables saves test results and easily uploaded to a computer tone generation id only and testing remotes (Rj45 and coax)
- Active Ethernet (link capability & link status) detects poi/poi+ and load test for voltage drop Ipv4 support (Ipv6 available late 2016) vlan discovery
- Ping to a specific ip or url address ping up to 10 addresses at a time link light port discovery dhcp discovers cdp and lldp protocols trace route
- Physical features: 3.5 inch