Built for tough jobs, the RIDGID 42878 model 238-P Powered Soil Pipe Cutter effectively cuts a variety of cast iron soil pipe, concrete and clay pipe quickly and easily in tight spaces. The dual-powered chain pipe cutter operates using a 1/2-inch square impact driver or a ratchet.
Designed for versatility, the tool cuts cast-iron soil pipe and clay pipe up to 8 inches and concrete from 4 inches to 6 inches when driven by an impact driver. You can also use it manually with the included ratchet on cast-iron soil pipe and clay pipe 2 inches to 4 inches and concrete up to 4 inches.
The 11-1/2-inch pipe cutting tool features a removable handle, low profile cutter wheels and compact design so that it fits into tight places in both overhead and below grade applications. Weighing only 13-1/2 pounds, the lightweight tool is also easy to mount in difficult places. Articulating outward facing chain hooks lay on the pipe to simplify latching for easy set up, and two-directional operation allows scoring of the pipe for a clean cut.
Built for longevity, it has a patent pending torque limiter that helps protect the tool from overloading. The 238-P comes with a 1/2-inch square drive manual ratchet, removable handle and chain for up to 8-inch diameter pipe.
RIDGID covers its products with a lifetime warranty against defects in material or workmanship for the life of the tool.
Since 1923, RIDGID has remained the symbol of certainty to dedicated professionals of the expert trades. Every tool that bears the RIDGID brand is engineered to the same high standards of quality, strength and endurance, as was that first heavy-duty pipe wrench more than 80 years ago.
- Dual-powered tool operates using a 1/2-inch square drive impact driver or ratchet
- Cuts up to 8-inch soil pipe when used with an impact driver (minimum 200-ft-lbs) or 4-inch pipe manually with the included ratchet
- Compact, lightweight design allows tool to fit into tight places in overhead and below grade applications and easily mount in difficult places
- Easy to set up, the articulating outward facing chain hooks lay on the pipe to simplify latching
- Features two directional operation that allows scoring of the pipe for a clean cut