The Sennheiser HDVD 800 is a premium performance headphone amplifier with built in digital to analog converter. It features balanced symmetrical audio signal processing from input to output delivering extremely high resolution and ultra-low harmonic distortion. A precision Burr-Brown digital/analog converter (DAC) converts digital audio sources into analog signals with a resolution of 24 bits and a sampling rate of up to 192 kHz. The HDVD 800 also has an asymmetrical RCA input that converts incoming signals for symmetrical processing by the amplifier. Digital sources are connected to the rear of the unit via XLR (AES/EBU), optical, coaxial (S/PDIF) or USB input. All digital inputs accept signals up to 24 bit at 192 kHz. The fixed level balanced (XLR) outputs are matched to the selected input allowing you to use the audio processing capability of the HDVD 800 when connected premium audio systems. Designed and manufactured in Germany, this transparent and neutral solid-state amplifier is a perfect match with any of our critically acclaimed audiophile headphones.
- Symmetrical signal processing from input to output for both digital and analog inputs.
- Short signal paths featuring premium components insure resolution, detail and dynamic integrity.
- Simultaneous operation with up to four dynamic, high-impedance headphones, two via four pin XLR input and two via high-quality 6.35 mm (1/4″) jacks.
- Precision engineered Burr-Brown DAC with 24/192 resolution.
- XLR (AES/EBU), optical, coaxial (S/PDIF) and USB digital inputs (2.0 / 3.0), XLR and RCA analog inputs, XLR output.