VX-8DR – A Devoted APRS Users Version of the VX-8R Series
5 watts FM on 50/144/430 MHZ and 1.5 watts on 222 MHz
The VX-8DR APRS®/GPS/Bluetooth® Handheld Transceiver is an additional version of the VX-8R that includes not only its solid features and specifications but also new expanded APRS® capabilities to meet the needs of even the most active APRS® user. The VX-8DR has the same appearance as the VX-8R and uses the very same accessories.
Key Additonal APRS® Features of the VX-8DR compared to our VX-8R include:
- Smart Beaconing TM Function: When using APRS® for position tracking, the beacon timing is automatically adjusted to your traveling speed and location to plot a smoother trace to match your position and movement on a map.
- The number of Station List memories has increased from 40 to 50.
- The number of APRS Message memories has increased from 20 to 30.
- DIGI-PATH route indication function: The APRS® Packet data includes Digipeater routing info.
- Heads up compass display to the GPS Screen: Your traveling direction is always toward the top of the display.
- The Message received LED flashing rate is selectable.
- The number of DIGI-PATH route settings is increased from 1 to 7.
- MARS/CAP Modified for extended transmit coverage – Transceiver Transmit : 140-174MHz , 420-470 MHz
- 5 watts FM on 50/144/430 MHZ and 1.5 watts on 222 MHz
- Heavy Duty…Yet Easy to Operate
- Real Dual Ham Band Operation (V+V/U+U/V+U)
- Wide Band Receiver Covers from 500kHz to 999.990MHz, continuous reception for Short-wave, FM/AM broadcasts, analog TV stations, audio aircraft, public service channels, etc. (Cellular band blocked)